After the start of the horse’s education comes developing the Foundation that will support them throughout their life. The Foundation includes developing more refined communication from the rider, developing more shape and balance in the horse, and teaching the horses more responsibility and emotional fitness. It can cover riding in new environments, with multiple horses, away from other horses, on a loose rein and with contact. All the while meeting the horse at their level and helping them grow and advance to the next level of development.
Foundation training is generally offered in 1-3 month packages and can include the “Horseman’s Experience”:
- 1-3+ months of training for your horse with John and Kathy Baar
- 21 Hours a month of hands on education for your horse with John or Kathy
- 4 lessons per month with you observing/participating (dependent on horses development and the situation)
- 2 phone consultations on your horse’s progress per month
- 4 emails/texts per month touching base on your horse’s development towards your goals.
*Included in the finale of your horse’s stay is a “Where to go from here?” session to help you build a guide to progress as you head home.
Contact us for availability *
Through the course format and John’s leadership not only have I become better for my horse but I have become a better husband to my wife and a better father for my children. This was more then I ever expected!
What a Change
Equestrians highly value quality training for their horses. To find an exceptional trainer is very hard. John Baar is one of those exceptional trainers.
What They're Saying
My experience at Raising the Baar Farm with John and Kathy Baar was a revelation!